When looking for a web designer, web developer, or web design company in Tulsa, OK there are many things to consider before starting your search. Our company, Phillips360, is a Tulsa, OK based web company that has over 30 years of first hand knowledge of the process of building a website from client acquisition to the final product. Given our experience, we have a unique perspective of the entire process that our clients have gone through to find their Tulsa web designer of choice.
The first thing is to determine if your site needs to be static or dynamic. A static website is a site that is only the front end design and what the public will see. In a static website, there is no Content Management System that manages the content that appears on the front end of the site. However a dynamic site not only has the front end design, but also has a Content Management System where the site administrator can login and manage all of the content that is displayed on the front end. Even in many cases the Content Management System will handle automated processes that happen behind the scenes. For example, a Content Management System can send auto-reply emails, or handle orders and inventory on an ecommerce site, or the Content Management System could handle automated proposals, invoicing, and payments. Keep in mind that a static website is generally much cheaper than a dynamic website.
Once you have decided whether you need a static or dynamic site, the second thing to consider when you’re shopping for a web company or web designer in Tulsa, is what pages you will need. It is always helpful to be prepared with how many pages you need, what text and photos you want to appear on each page, and what are the names of the pages. This will allow Tulsa web companies to have a better feel for your vision and probably enable them to quote your job faster and more accurately, and probably more competitively.
After you know what kind of site you want and have the pages you need collected and written, it is time to start the shopping process. The third part is shopping web companies online. When doing this, there are many factors to consider. And depending on your ultimate plan for your site, your personal preferences will come into play.
Here’s a list of things to consider:
- Does the Tulsa web company’s or Tulsa web designer’s portfolio reflect the type of design style you want for your own website?
- Does the Tulsa web company or Tulsa web designer able to provide both web design and development and/or programming to accommodate your needs?
- Does the Tulsa web company or Tulsa web designer use their own Content Management Systems, or do they use open source CMS’s like Joomla, WordPress, etc.?
- Does the Tulsa web company have a reputation for service and communication? A lot of times Tulsa web companies are very good at what they do creatively, but lack in service and communications. This can be a nightmare as someone who wants a website done efficiently.
- Does the Tulsa website company have a good reputation? Are they a BBB member? What is their rating? Do they have client testimonials or references? How long have they been in business?
- Given your budget, does the Tulsa web designer allow you to make payments on the site?
- How fast a Tulsa web company responds to your emails, gets you proposals, makes necessary changes etc. is a good indication of how well they will communicate and respond to any issues and launch your website faster. Communication is key for both the Tulsa web design company and the client.
- When selecting a Tulsa web designer or Tulsa web company, don’t always choose the cheapest proposal. There is always someone out there that will do things cheaper, but that doesn’t always necessarily mean you will be happy with the final product.
- Try to stay away from hiring any Tulsa web designer or Tulsa web company that doesn’t have at least 3 years experience in the industry. At Phillips360
we end up fixing many Tulsa websites where the previous web company could not complete for hiring someone who said they could do the job and couldn’t, or where Tulsa web Designers just lose contact altogether from the client.
We hope this was helpful, and please feel free to contact us either via our website at http://www.phillips360.com or at 918.409.2359